Tuesday, March 2, 2021

 Friendship

How many friends do you have?  I have lots of friends and acquaintances, but truly, friends that when you pick up the phone, it is as though you just spoke to them yesterday; and you fall back into the easy way of being with each other.   I have some 'old' friends, who, when I am with them I am able to say anything knowing that they do not judge me and will be there if I need help or advice.  Old friends may not be in touch for a while, but they are still in the background, in the back of your mind, supporting you as you support them.  

Since lockdown, these friends have become more important because we are not out and about doing our usual things, but needing that sustenance of friendship to keep us going.  These phone calls have become so much more important and make me realise that they must not be taken lightly.

Jesus Lord,

We thank you for our friendships, for those that we have known for a long time, and for newer friends who will become dear friends as time goes by.  We thank you for the fellowship of our church families and our other contacts through social media who keep us in touch with the world even though physically this is impossible at present.

Bless and keep Lord those important people in our lives and make us the good friends that they deserve.

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment